fluorescent light fixtures in skylight

First alteration

In 1942, the roof openings in the attic space above the three Hall skylights were closed to stop leaks. Subsequently, banks of fluorescent lights were installed just above each skylight opening to illuminate the space. Unfortunately, the fluorescent fixtures substituted the variable character of daylight with a gloomy, artificial light.
Fluorescent light fixtures in skylight used to illuminate the Hall up until the 2003 restoration
(1999 photo)
The Triumph of Religion